Tyson's Birth Story:
(I wrote this soon after having Tyson and I addressed it to him)
Dear Tyson,
Your Dad and I decided to begin our family while we were making New Years resolutions/goals together for the upcoming year of 2014. We had spent about an hour or so planning and thinking of all of the things we wanted to accomplish. When we were finished we decided to each pray and ask Heavenly Father if there was anything else he wanted us to do in the upcoming year. We both finished our prayers and looked at each other and we both had the distinctive feeling that it was time to start our family. This was a little bit scary for us because I had just graduated from college, and didn't have a job yet, and your Dad was beginning a new semester of school with several years left to go. But we followed the prompting we felt and ended up finding out we were pregnant with you in the middle of March and we were about 5 weeks along!
When we found out we were pregnant we were so excited, nervous and worried all at the same time. At that time I was working as an Administrative Assistant at a Government Contracting Company and your dad was going to school and working as a Merchandiser for Franz Bakery. I started getting morning sickness about a week after we found out. It was miserable and all I could keep down was gingerale, soda crackers and McDonald's hash browns. After a couple weeks of being sick I went to the doctors and he gave me some medicine that took away the nausea which helped so much! Most days I would wake up, go to work, and come home and sleep.
We decided to wait to tell your grandparents about you until April 1st (April Fools Day). When we called and told them they were so excited and half way didn't believe us because it was April Fools Day. They both double checked the next day to make sure that we were telling the truth.
During the first trimester we were able to see an ultra sound of you for the first time. you were the size of little jelly bean and you were bouncing around everywhere! You wouldn't stop moving, kicking, or bouncing at all! It was so exciting to see you moving inside me even though I couldn't quite feel you yet.
Around 18 or 19 weeks I was able to start feeling your little movements. You enjoyed kicking me and moving around especially when I was sitting still or trying to fall asleep. You always had hiccups at least once or twice a day. I was always happy for the reminder that your precious little body was growing and developing normally.
When you were 20 weeks we had our second ultrasound and found out that you were a BOY!! It was quite obvious even though I was pretty convinced that you were going to be a girl (we already had a girl name picked out and everything!). Your Dad's face lit up when the doctor said you were going to be a boy, I don't think I have ever seen him that happy or excited before. On our way home he couldn't stop talking about all of the boy things you would do together like camping, sports, shooting and video games. Here is a link to that ultra sound if YouTube is still a thing.
In the next few months we decided to move to a new apartment/top of a house that is on the outskirts of Rexburg. It was much bigger then the apartment we were living in and gave us some room to grow. Pregnancy also became very uncomfortable as you continued to grow but the morning sickness became tolerable even though I was still taking the nausea medication. Your kicks and movements became stronger and you loved pushing on my spine which gave me a lot of sciatic nerve and back pain.
During the last month of pregnancy I had both of my baby showers. One was thrown by my Aunt Diana at your Great Grandma Evans house in Farmington, UT. It was a combined shower with two of my other cousins who were due on the same day as you and one the day before. The other baby shower was thrown by Carly and our other close friends in Rexburg. Sleeping also became very hard during this time. I constantly had to get up to pee or get comfortable. I slept with about 4 or 5 pillows around me for support. Two weeks before your due date I quit my job and was excited about being a stay at home mom. But I was very nervous about the labor and delivery. I was very concerned about possibly passing out and not being able to handle the pain.
A week before you were due my mom came up to stay with us and get ready for your arrival. We did a lot of walking/shopping and at home inducing techniques. During that week the doctor told us that you were not progressing very much and that we might have to get induced at the hospital. The induction date was set for November 24th and I was so hoping you would come before that. Your original due date was November 21st and I really didn't want to be pregnant any longer then I had to be. But on the morning on November 20th I started seeing some new signs that you might be coming sooner then we thought. I was having random contractions and started bleeding around 6 AM. At about 9 AM I was sitting at the kitchen table and my water broke! We were all so excited and my mom made us a quick breakfast and then we grabbed our bags and left for the hospital. On the way to the hospital we called your Grandma Donna to let her know what was happening and I also lost all of the breakfast I had just ate on the side of the road.
When we got to the hospital everything was very calm as we made our way up to the delivery floor. We checked in and the nurses asked us lots of questions and checked the fluid that was leaking to make sure that it was my water that had broken. At that point I was having random contractions but they were not very painful. They decided to induce me and hooked me up to the antibiotics and pitocin. For the next few hours the contractions slowly started getting closer together and more painful but not unbearable. I was still not dilating around 1 PM and so the doctor told us that it was a possibility that we might need to do a C-Section if there was no progress over the next few hours. At around 2:30 PM I decided to get my epidural. The anesthesiologist was great. He explained everything he was doing and helped me to feel very comfortable. It was difficult to sit still and I was shaking but he managed to get it put in and I felt so comfortable after that. The epidural was beautiful because I was able to relax. I could still feel the pressure of you moving around and the contractions but I no longer felt the pain.
Sometime around then you decided to poop inside me and so the fluid coming out was brownish. The doctor was also worried about this and didn't want to leave you inside for too long. Around 5:00 PM the doctor came back and found out that I was still only dilated at a 1 centimeter. Once the decision was made for the C-Section the doctors and nurses kicked everything into high gear. I was signing papers, being given more medicine though the epidural and being very exposed to everyone in the room. Before I knew it your Dad was taken away to dress in clothes for the operating room and I was being wheeled into the operating room. At this point there was about 10 different people in the room and they were all moving around and getting everything ready as I laid there unable to move from my chest down and very exposed/naked. They put a drape up so that I couldn't see anything and they also put some kind of bag over my arms so that they could blow warm air and keep me warm and not shaking too much. I was very nauseous, dizzy, cold, scared and excited. Once your dad came back into the room I felt better but it was very cereal.
And just like that they started the C-Section. I could feel some pressure going on in my stomach but that was about it. I almost passed out so the anesthesiologist kept an alcohol swab on my nose to keep me aware and awake. Then the doctor said there would be some pressure and holly cow was there pressure. I felt like a 50 lb weight was dropped on my stomach while someone was sucking on me through a giant straw. And just like that you were born! I hear you scream and they took you right into the NICU to suck all of the fluid and poop out of your lungs. I couldn't help but cry and wish to hold you. Your dad was so excited he pretty much watched the whole surgery. Then the doctor put my uterus back inside me and sewed me back up. This whole process took about 45 minutes. During that time your dad came and found you and held you. Once they were done sewing me up they wheeled me into the recovery room where my mom was. There was a few minutes where we were waiting for your dad to bring you in and I felt so disconnected from you and missed you more then I have ever missed anything in my life. Then a few minutes latter your dad came in with a huge smile on his face holding you.
I was very high on drugs at this point so most everything from this point on feels like a dream to me. But when I first held you I cried and started to try to nurse you. You picked up on the eating thing very quickly but you were very tired and fell asleep every few minutes. The nurses and I would rub your cheeks to try to keep you awake. You were so tiny but it felt so strange when you were not in my arms.
That night I had compression things on my legs to help the circulation flow as I slowly began to regain feeling from my waist down. You woke up several times through out the night and a few times the nurses would try to watch you for me so your dad and I could sleep but you would just cry and cry for them until I was holding you again.
The next day I slept off an on and we had several visitors come to see you at the hospital. My parents and siblings were there along with my Aunt Marnae and Uncle Garn and a few of their kids. Your Uncle Caleb also came by and so did my friend Alyssa. I was on a lot of pain medication but I stood up and would walk around the halls very slowly. You also had some trouble breathing and coughing. We had to take the syringe to you a couple times to suck your mucus out of your throat. Luckily you were fine the whole time and you never turned blue.
It was great watching your dad trying to change your diaper for the first time. The poop was black and thick and he didn't really know what he was doing but he tried. I also tried to sleep a lot and was very emotional. The doctor also came to see you and told me that you were perfect as can be. The second night was a lot like the first. You didn't want anything to do with sleeping by yourself or having anyone else hold you besides me. The second full day of recovery was full of tests, sleeping, eating our nice meal from the hospital and watching the checking out videos. When we were checking out we got you all dressed and put in your car seat. you were so tiny and I felt bad for tightening the bands so much but the nurses said that is how it was supposed to be. Then your dad went to get the car and the nurse took us down stairs. Before we left they asked me if I felt safe going home with your dad and if I had ever been abused. Of course I answered that I felt safe and never had been abused. But I thought it was smart that they ask women these questions before they leave with a brand new baby.
We left the hospital at 8 PM that night and drove home in a big ice and snow storm. The roads were super slick and I sat in the back while your dad drove super slow at my request. I didn't want anything to happy to my little baby. When we arrived at home all our visitors were gone so it was just the three of us and we walked in and didn't really know what to do with you. We watched some TV and then went to bed and fed you through the night when you would wake up, which was about every 2 -3 hours.
We loved our cute Tyson and wouldn't trade any of it!
"Ice Ice... Baby"
One Month Old:
A few days after Tyson was born he experienced his first Thanksgiving. We were lucky enough to have my parents and siblings with us at our house in Rexburg. It was a bit crazy but we loved spending time together. Honestly this whole memory was a bit fuzzy because I was on so much medication but I remember that the turkey was amazing!
Newborn Photos: Who new you could get so sweaty, peed and pooped on all in one setting while trying to get adorable pictures of your baby who is less then a week old?! I defiantly didn't! We enjoyed working with our photographer but her apartment was about 85 degrees and Tyson didn't want to cooperate most of the time so it took about 3 hours total. But I am happy we did it and I love the pictures we were able to get of him.
Grandma Coon got to meet Tyson a few weeks after he was born. It was a very sweet experience and she defiantly fell in love with his Seibold cheeks!
Facebook Memory: Today I set Tyson in his crib to wash my hands after changing him and cleaning up the explosion that happened in the middle of the changing process. To say the least he was not happy about me laying him down in his diaper. A few weeks ago I received a sweet picture of Christ and an infant from my grandmother and its currently sitting in the crib as well. While i was washing my hands i heard that he stopped crying and when i came back i saw him staring at the picture more intently then he has looked at anything else before. It was a sweet moment and it reminded me of the peace that the Savior can bring into our lives, even in the middle of crazy explosive diaper changes.
One Month Old: Today I am one month old! I love cuddling with mommy. I enjoy eating a lot of milk and growing. I want to be bigger so that I can move on my own. I don't know how to keep my binky in my mouth on my own yet. I do not like being naked or taking baths. And I am starting to be awake more in the day time.
Tyson Sleeping
Tummy Time
Little Mover
Sitting Up
Two Months Old:
First Christmas:
Meeting Uncle Jake and Aunt Moriah:
Daddy's Birthday:
Monthly Update: Baby Tyson is two months old! He loves playing with his toys, taking showers, getting his diaper changed, being a mama's boy, eating more milk then he can handle, smiling randomly but not on command, will sleep between 5 and 7 hours at night, wears 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers, never wants to sit still unless being rocked to sleep (all 20 of the pictures that I took had some kind of fuzzy part because he wouldn't stop moving!), he is not very patient and defiantly likes to be heard when he wants something, he will fling his arms around while he sleeps and wake him self up so swaddling is our best friend, and he makes adorable little noises while he sleeps. We love our little boy and enjoy seeing him grow and learn every day!
Sweet Baby Boy
Tyson Sitting in his Chair
Smiles
Bobble Head
Determined Little Guy
Three Months Old:
Valentines Day: We had fun this month making a few little crafts for all of my grandparents and great grandparents. The loved my kissed face and cute baby toes in a heart!
Facebook Memory: My favorite part of the day is when I get to change this cute boy's diapers because that is when he gives me the best smiles and giggles. It makes everything worth it even when I only had 2 or 3 hours of sleep last night. He is my whole world!
Facebook Memory: It was a whole 50 degrees in Rexburg today so we decided to take a walk to see the Fort Henry River that is about a quarter mile from our house. I'm loving this "winter" weather!
Monthly Update: Today Tyson is 3 months old! Where has the time gone? He loves standing and sitting with support from mom and dad. He has pretty much full control of his head/neck. He hates tummy time despite our best effort. Having one or both of his fists in his mouth is his favorite past time. He wears size 3 diapers, 6-9 month clothes, weighs 15 lbs 4 oz and is 25 1/4 inches long. Loves to smile and giggle at mom and dad. Is starting to sleep in his own room. Playing with toys on his mat and grabbing things consist of our playing time every day. We love our little boy even if he isnt quite so little any more!
Having a Talk with Daddy
Hands Hands Hands
Talking about my Toys
Baby Giggles at Mom's Expense
Fist Bumps
Four Months Old:
Facebook Memory: Today we started solids! He was such a champ and always had to hold my hand to help me put the spoon in his mouth.
Cameron's New Job: This month Cameron quit his job at Franz and started working as a night stocker at Walmart in Idaho Falls on the weekends while being in school full time.
Monthly Update: Mr. Tyson is 4 months old today! He rolled over for the first time today and was so proud of him self. He has started solid foods, loves gabbing, putting everything in his mouth and being played with. He wears size 9 - 12 month clothes and size 3 diapers. He doesn't like tummy time at all and gets really mad at me when I leave him like that for too long. He recognizes his dad when he gets home every day and has a huge smile on his face. Something new is always hilarious to him every day. All in all we love this growing boy and its great seeing his little personality start to develop.
First Park Visit
Rolling Bowlin Floppin All Around
Dinner Time
Helping with Diaper Change
Bounce
Where is the Baby?
Five Months Old:
April Fools: My mom let me eat cherries for the first time today...Actually APRIL FOOLS ... it was strawberries!!
Easter and First LDS Conference:
Uncle Caleb and Aunt Ashley's Wedding:
Tyson's Blessing April 12:
First Snow Experience:
Monthly Update: Our cute Tyson is 5 months old today. He is 17.5 lbs and wears 12 month clothes. He loves to sit up (with assistance), smile and giggle all the time. He enjoys being around new people, new places and going outside every day. He knows what he wants every day and is not happy till mom does figures out his needs/wants. He loves his sweet potatoes, carrots and applesauce. He doesn't like car rides if they are longer then an hour. When mom is looking a way he some how moves himself but we are not quite sure how. He is the center of our little world and we love our daily new adventures.
I shake my head back and forth
Monday Giggles
Sitting up by myself!
The Baby who likes lemons
Hickups, Crackers and Bunnies
Six Months Old:
Facebook Memory: We love swinging in our hammock in the back yard listening to all of the farm life around us and sticking our tongues out in the wind
Playing Outside and at the Park:
First Mother's Day and Gifts for Grandma's:
Facebook Memory: My sweet baby and I enjoyed some good old park time today. But once I let him swing in the baby swing that was all he wanted to do for the rest of the time we were there. This kid always knows exactly what he wants!
Monthly Update: Yesterday my baby turned 6 months old! He is 19 lbs and 27.5 inches long and wears 12 month clothes. He can sit up all by himself and hold his own bottles. He hates tummy time or anything to do with the idea of crawling and does not like wearing shoes. He loves swinging in the baby swing at the park, sleeping on his side, walking around in his walker, shaking his head back and forth, paying with mommy's face and taking baths. He enjoys saying "mammamma" while crying and his favorite foods are bananas, peaches, carrots and applesauce. He loves people, watching cars outside our window, paying at the park and going new places. He doesn't like when he can't see mom or dad in the same room. His hands and his reflection are his newest discoveries. He likes to be tall and walked around. And most of all he ALWAYS knows exactly what he wants and he won't give up until someone gets it for him. He is growing up too fast someone make him stop!!
Bottle Holding
Eating Dinner
Saint George Family Reunion:
Tyson Getting Sick:


















0 comments:
Post a Comment