Sorry for the lack of updating recently. The last week has been a complete whirl wind. Through the weekend and on Monday we were finally able to get everything in place to go home. We left the hospital around 3 in the afternoon with Grandma Donna car packed full. Tyson did really well on the drive home and he slept most of the way. When we got home he continued to do the wretch in that he had been doing through the weekend and he didn't really sleep very well through the night. On Tuesday we went to his doctor and while we were there and through the afternoon he was wretching about 2 or 3 times an hour. His doctor decided to put him on a medication that was supposed to help him digest better and have an anti nausea effect. But unfortunately it made him more hipper and agrivated which made him storm more. By the next morning he was a little bit better but still wretching so I tried to call Primary's and no one would talk to me because we were no longer an inpatient and we haven't seen the Outpatient doctors yet so they wouldn't connect me to them either. His normal doctor was also out for the day and I couldn't get any other doctor on the phone at their office. I was so exhausted and tired I decided just to take him to the ER down in idaho falls. If I had more then a few hours of sleep in the few days before that I probably would have just taken him to the walk in clinic but I was so frustrated at that point.
The doctors decided at the ER seemed a little but overwhelmed when I explained everything that was going on. They decided to take him off of the med his doctor prescribed the day before and to give him zofran. As soon as they gave him that he fell asleep in the hospital for about two hours. They ran some more tests to make sure that he was fine besides that, which he was. They told us to follow up with his doctor and to use the zofran.
The rest of the afternoon was ok, we all have been super tired along with trying to handle a baby who was doing worse at home then he was in the hospital. That night my friend Alyssa came over who is a RN. Honestly I don't think I have been so relieved to see someone before. She came in and helped me bathe Tyson and get him all cleaned up. She also helped me do several sets of his medications for the night and helped us organize some of his medical suplies. While she was here I started feeling really sick and went and threw up. At the time I thought it was from all of the stress but now I think that it was either food poisening or a virus.
She offered to come back in a few days and just stay with Tyson at night. She was definatly an angle for us that evening. During the rest of the night I threw up about 15 times. Around 3 AM I was finally able to keep a nausea pill down and I slept a little bit at that point. By the morning all three of us were comming down with the same thing I did so we were almost despretaly trying to sleep and take care of tyson. I texted my visiting teachers and relief society president and they were able to cordinate people to be with tyson pretty much the whole day so that we all could rest. I still got up every hour or so to check on him and do sk.e of his cares but it was so helpful to relax a little and try to heal. By that evening I was starting to feel better but everyone else was still pretty sick.
We figured out how to take care of tyson through the night and we all were able to sleep a little bit too. Today I have felt a lot better and so has Cameron. Grandma Donna is still not feeling totally better but hopefully she will soon. We had a member of my ward come by in the morning to hold Tyson so I was able to clean and organize our house a little bit. It feels so much better to have a little bit of organization. We also had a visit from the in home therapists and came up with an action plan. I think we plan on doing Outpatient therapy, in home therapy and early intervention. My mom will also be here in the morning to help us. She decided to come back sooner then she was originally planning because adjusting to home and with all of us being sick we just needed more help. I'm so greatful for moms who can be with us to help us right now. I have no idea how I could do this without them!
We are working on applying for disability for Tyson right now and hopefully with that get some in home care that will be for several hours a day. Right now we are functioning on some level but Cameron or I can't leave Tyson alone and someone is currently staying awake with him 24/7. He is starting to sleep a lot better at night but it's an adjustment. It is just not functional for a normal life to be like this for months and years to come. He has also been storming more so with his doctor we decided to increase one of his meds a little bit to see if that will help. We have an apointment down at Primary's next week and hopefully we can get a better action plan with them for the next month or so.
This has truly been the hardest thing I have ever been through and I know it will get easier but I honestly probably wouldn't have left the hospital if I knew how hard this would be.
Every night that we have been home my ward has brought dinners by and it has been so extremely helpful! It is so beautiful to see the generosity of everyone along with their willingness to serve! So many people have offered to come and help me whenever I need and that truly means the world to me.
We aprechiate the continued support and prayers we recieve. There is no way we could do this on our own. Everyone who has helped us has meant so much to us! We can't thank you enough!
I will do my best to continue to update everyone as often as possible.
0 comments:
Post a Comment